A professional leadership development programme for experienced middle leaders
Are you a middle leader responsible for leading a team of staff with some experience of the role – then this is the programme for you. This innovative programme will help you develop your confidence and leadership skills and enable you to improve your ability to lead and manage change.
Who should apply?
- Middle leaders who are responsible for leading/managing a team of staff e.g. heads of subject, year, faculty, house and cross-curricular teams
in all phases
- Professional support staff who have been leading a team of administrators or teaching assistants for a minimum of two years
The programme will help you:
- Deepen the understanding of your role in leading learning
- Increase your ability to lead, manage and develop people in your team
- Help you to plan for your own personal leadership development
Day 1 – Where are you now?
- Differences between leadership and management
- Implications of leadership styles
- How motivation affects leadership
- Making judgements
- Coaching as a leadership style
- Accreditation options
Day 2 – Where would you like to be?
- Practice coaching skills
- Think about where you want to be
- Change management
- Strategies to overcome barriers to change and challenge behaviours
- Motivations of self and others
Day 3 – How will you get there?
- Good teamwork
- Stages of team development
- Growth of trust within a team
- Reflect on the performance of your team
- Plan future development pathways
Inter-sessional tasks will be undertaken between the leadership days including
the completion of an online diagnostic between Day 1 and 2. Leaders will
carry out action research within their team. Participants will have access to an online resource based network throughout the programme to enhance learning and enable further networking.
The programme finishes with a celebration and learning conversation when participants will present and discuss their action research.
£450 for the three month professional programme which includes three face-to-face leadership days and finishes with a twilight session.
Day 1 – Saturday 24th January 2015 (10:00 – 16:00)
Day 2 – Thursday 19th March 2015 (13:00 – 19:00)
Day 3 – Saturday 16th May 2015 (10:00 – 16:00)
Final twilight – Thursday 11th June 2015 (16:00 – 19:00)
Kent ME2 2SX
Register for the New Horizons programme by completing a booking form. Or contact Teresa Copeland, Vice Principal Strood Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is an option to use this programme to gain 30 Master’s Credits towards an MA. An additional cost is payable. Full information will be provided at the start of the programme.
For further programme information contact
London Centre for Leadership in Learning Institute of Education
20 Bedford Way
London WC1H 0AL
T: +44 (0)20 7612 6616
Quality assured professional development from the IOE
LCLL inspires outstanding leadership and professional development in education and childrens’ services through its innovative programmes and research. It is an international centre of educational excellence of the world-renowned Institute of Education, University of London.