A professional leadership development programme for senior leaders
This accredited programme can be the catalyst for you to begin your senior career or build on your passion for leading others towards success in their roles. The programme is designed to enhance your understanding of strategic leadership as a senior middle leader or new senior leader.
Who should apply?
- Experienced senior middle leaders with at least three years experience in the role
- Leaders new to senior leadership roles
- Leaders who have already undertaken previous professional leadership development
- Professional support staff e.g. school business manager
The programme will help you:
- To lead yourself, your team and beyond your team
- Clarify your communication style and strengths
- Understand the use of motivation as a leadership tool
- Advance your skills in leading and influencing others
- Intensify your impact on learning and teaching practices
- Deal with contentious issues and whole school initiatives
Day 1 – Communication
- Leadership communications
- Advanced listening skills
- Leadership vision
- Effective adult learning
- Beginning action research
- Accreditation options
Day 2 – Motivation
- Motivation of self and others
- Goals and motivation
- Time management
- Leading change
- Coaching, mentoring, line management
Day 3 – Dialogue
- Leadership styles
- Distributive leadership
- Delegating and engagement
- Team culture
- Challenging dialogues
- Understanding the role of SLT and decision making
Inter-sessional tasks will be undertaken between the leadership days including the completion of an online diagnostic between Day 1 and 2. During the programme leaders will carry out action research which will involve working across the school or with another team. Participants will have access to an online resource based network throughout the programme to enhance learning and enable further networking.
The programme finishes with a learning conversation and celebration twilight when you will present and discuss your action research.
£440 for the three month professional programme which includes three face-to-face leadership days and finishes with a twilight session.
Day 1 – Saturday 31st January 2015 (10:00 – 16:00)
Day 2 – Thursday 26th March 2015 (13.00 – 19.00)
Day 3 – Saturday 16th May 2015 (10:00 – 16:00)
Final twilight – Thursday 18th June 2015 (16:00 – 19:00)
Kent ME2 2SX
Register for the New Horizons programme by completing a booking form. Or contact Teresa Copeland, Vice Principal Strood Academy: email@example.com
There is an option to use this programme to gain 30 Master’s Credits towards an MA. An additional cost is payable. Full information will be provided at the start of the programme.
For further programme information contact
London Centre for Leadership in Learning Institute of Education
20 Bedford Way
London WC1H 0AL
T: +44 (0)20 7612 6616
Quality assured professional development from the IOE
LCLL inspires outstanding leadership and professional development in education and childrens’ services through its innovative programmes and research. It is an international centre of educational excellence of the world-renowned Institute of Education, University of London.